The history of the estate Russiz Superiore begins at the end of 1200 and its name comes from the denomination of the hills around it. The eagle of Russiz Superiore is reminiscent of the original emblem given to the land by the prince Torre-Tasso, one of the the first Lords of these lands, who came in Friuli in 1273. Noble insignia, noble wines and noble families came one after the other over time till Marco Felluga.
Today his son Roberto runs the winery with the same entrepreneurship and passion inherited by his father. The estate is comprised of one hundred hectares of estate property, fifty of which are vineyards with an average plant density of more than six thousand plants per hectare, and a white wine production much larger than red.
Whether white or red, the hills of Russiz Superiore, though, provide the ideal environment for grape production due to its geomorphology and special climate. Russiz Superiore is for all wine lovers a benchmark for quality white wines from Friuly and Italy.